Paddle the LA River is the premier kayaking experience in Los Angeles. You will kayak down this natural bottom portion of the Los Angeles River surrounded by a beautiful and peaceful habitat filled with a variety of wildlife and native flora. Thank you for choosing to paddle the LA River with us. By choosing to paddle with the LA Conservation Corps’ Paddle the LA River program, you provide at-risk youth with a high school diploma, paid work experience, and career readiness training
This year, we are offering kayak rentals and private guided group tours on select Saturdays each month. Each offering features three trips per day with fourteen (14) slots available on each trip. Certified guides will be available on each trip and we will provide you with a kayak and all necessary safety equipment.
Tour duration: Kayak tours will take approximately one hour and private guided tours will run approximately 1.5 hours. For details on what each tour includes click here.
Here’s what you need to know for your paddle experience:
This year, paddlers will meet and check-in at the launch site this year. Please look for directional signage, but we recommend using Google Maps to navigate to the address below. This address is the approximate check-in location:
Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled trip time.
Please note, parking is not allowed at the meeting/check-in site. Street parking will be available along Woodley Avenue near Burbank Blvd. Additional parking is also available at Woodley Park, located at 6350 Woodley Avenue, Van Nuys, CA 91436.
Parking may be up to a mile away from the meeting site, so please allow for approximately 30 minutes to walk to the meeting site.
What to Bring & What to Wear
- A copy of your confirmation email
- A signed liability waiver
- Reusable water container
- Close-toed shoes or water shoes; flip-flops or sandals are not allowed. You will not be allowed to paddle if you are wearing flip-flops or sandals.
- Change of clothes, a towel and/or a plastic back to protect your seat as you will get wet!
- A plastic bag or waterproof case for your phone or camera. They will get wet, too.
- Something to secure any valuables you do bring like keys
Please Do Not Bring or Wear
- Pets. You will not be allowed to paddle with your furry companion.
- Valuables or anything that you don’t want to lose.
- Earrings. They will get in the way of your safety helmet and can become uncomfortable or loose.
- Rings. Due to contact with the water, wedding or other rings could become loose and fall into the water.
- The guides, the LA Conservation Corps, and the Paddle The LA River program itself are not responsible for any lost items, which include items that fall into the river, or items left in your car.
All tickets are non-refundable. Please make sure you pick a day that works for you. If we cancel your trip due to weather conditions, we might be able to fit you in on a future trip, this however, is not guaranteed. If we are unable to reschedule you from a cancellation due to weather conditions we will refund your ticket purchase value.
Trips will be suspended for a minimum of 72 hours in the event of rain or if the National Weather Service (NWS) issues a flash flood or thunderstorm warning or watch. In the event that we are unable to accommodate you on another trip we will issue you a refund for your tickets. Please contact us directly or check the Facebook page the night before your tour date for any cancellation notices.
Other Important Information
Persons with disabilities are welcome to participate in the program. Reasonable accommodations will be made with prior arrangements.